Hegseth says that the US command in Japan was upgraded to forestall China

The US defense minister Pete Hegseth described Japan on Sunday as indispensable for the fight against Chinese aggression and said that the implementation of a plan to enhance the US military command within the country could be the abolition of the US military command.

“We share a warrior ethic that defines our armed forces,” Hegseth told Nakatani at a gathering in Tokyo. “Japan is our indispensable partner in deterring the communist Chinese military aggression”, including within the Taiwan road, he said.

He calls Japan a “cornerstone of peace and security in the Indo-Pacific” and said that President Donald Trump's government would proceed to work closely with its most significant Asian ally.

In July, the White House of the then President Joe Biden announced an excellent revision of the US military command in Japan to deepen coordination with Tokyo's armed forces, for the reason that two countries of China described China because the “greatest strategic challenge”.

This change will present a combined surgical commander in Japan, who could be a counterpart to the top of a joint surgical command, which was determined by the Japan's self -defense forces last week.

Troops in Japan

Hegseth's praise for Japan is in contrast to the criticism that he founded in February in February, and told them they mustn’t assume that the US presence there would last endlessly. Trump has complained that the bilateral defense contract, through which Washington guarantees to defend Tokyo, just isn’t mutually mutually. During his first term, he said Japan should pay more to accommodate US troops.

Japan organizes 50,000 US military personnel, seasons of fighter planes and Washington's only forward-facing aircraft carrier strike group along an Östasiatic archipelago of three,000 km (1,900 miles), which fulfills in Chinese military night.

It comes when Japan doubles military spending, including money to purchase rockets with an extended area. However, the surgical scope of its armed forces is restricted by the structure adopted after his defeat in World War II, which waives the suitable to war.

Hegseth and Nakatani agreed to speed up a plan to provide and consider the air-air rockets of Air-Air rockets to work within the production of SM-6 defense rockets to facilitate an absence of ammunition, said Nakatani.

Hegseth said that he had asked for his counterpart to have a stronger access to the strategic south -west islands of Japan on the sting of the competitive East China Sea near Taiwan.

The Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs didn’t immediately answer a request for a comment.

Signal chat

Hegseth traveled from the Philippines to Japan on his first official visit to Asia. On Saturday he took part in a memorial service on Iwo Jima, the situation 80 years ago of violent fights between us and Japanese armed forces.

His journey was overshadowed by revelations that he wrote the main points of the upcoming US strikes against Yemen in a signal messaging app group, including Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of Atlantic Magazine, along with the director of the National Intelligence Tulsi, the CIA director John Ratcle, the National Security Adviser, the Atlantic Director, the Atlantic Director,, the management schools of the Atlantic.

Hegseth on Sunday didn’t answer a gerrote query whether he had published classified information to the group.

Gabard informed the congress on Tuesday that the Minister of Defense could be the one who would discover which defense information is classed.

image credit : www.cnbc.com